Upstate New York Class Action Lawyers
Perhaps you, and others like you, suffered damages as the result of another’s negligence. Or, maybe you qualify to join a class action already in progress. Whatever the case, we will review your matter for free and determine if it may support a mass tort class action.
At Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC, we represent consumers, employees, executives, and others who have been injured by the defective drugs, defective products, and deceptive, negligent, and illegal conduct of another. Our Albany, NY class action lawyers will help you understand your rights and legal options. We will ensure the negligent parties involved are held accountable. And we will fight for the compensation you deserve – past, present, and future.
If you or someone you love have been injured, let our lawyers help you.
Give us a call at (518) 855-3535 or use our Contact page to send us a secure message.
What is a Class Action Lawsuit?
A class action lawsuit is when an individual or small group of plaintiffs act as a leader for a larger group of injured people. After filing a Complaint in state or federal court, the lead plaintiff (called the class representative) requests that the court certify the lawsuit as a class action.
According to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) Rule 23, all class members must have common facts of their case.
Examples of well know class actions:
- Big tobacco
- Deepwater Horizon oil spill
- Dow Corning breast implants
- Enron securities fraud
- Exxon Valdez oil spill
- Johnson & Johnson talcum powder
- Purdue Pharma’s OxyContin
Class action lawsuits may be based on the following (with examples):
- Antitrust violations
- Price fixing to prevent competition
- Artificial raising prices of products and services
- Automobile defects
- Airbag failure
- Electrical/fire issues
- Tire blowouts
- Civil rights
- Discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and other marginalized and protected classes
- Police misconduct
- Lack of accommodations for the disabled
- Consumer fraud
- Defective products – appliances, automotive, medical products, etc.
- Misleading or false advertising
- Violation of consumer protection laws
- Data breaches
- Hackers use various means to locate vulnerable networks to steal personal private information of consumers
- Discriminatory employment practices
- Discriminatory hiring and promotion practices
- Sexual harassment in the workplace
- Failure to comply with wage and hour laws
- Dangerous and defective drugs
- Defective contraceptives leading to pregnancy
- Cancer lawsuits
- Kidney disease
- Environmental harms and hazards
- Oil spills
- Contaminated water supplies
- Toxic chemics released into the environment
- Product defects
- Contaminated food
- Defective airbags
- Faulty ignition switches in automobiles
- Hazardous building materials
The advantage of a class action is that multiple injured parties can be empowered as a unit to hold a defendant accountable where no single plaintiff could.
The disadvantage of a class action is that in most cases every individual class member gets the same settlement regardless of injuries.
Why Should I Hire MCLC as Your Class Action Attorneys?
With our vast experience from both sides of the table, we can uncover what other firms cannot see, advocating for you from start to finish. And, while our credentials speak to one side of our success, it is our down-to-earth approach and straightforward communication style that has built long-lasting relationships with our clients.
As your class action lawyers, we know the laws that pertain to your case. We exhaustively document and investigate all your damages, including your full medical costs. We work closely with our clients, listening to your side of the story, and negotiate tirelessly on your behalf. And, we understand the strategies that help clients win cases, both in and out of court.
We are a firm of attorneys experienced in the complexity of class actions. We have decades of combined experienced handling personal injury accidents and litigation. We are litigators – that’s what we do.
Remember that all your questions are valid, and we will answer them for you. We will provide you with every bit of information you need to make an informed decision.
Call the Albany NY class action attorneys of Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC for a free, confidential consultation, and let us help you get the full and just compensation you deserve.
To discuss your case, call at (518) 855-3535 or use our Contact page to send us a secure message.