Legal Services for Your Insurance Coverage Needs
The attorneys of Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC have been providing legal advice and analysis to insurance carriers in New York and throughout the United States for decades. In fact, our multi-disciplinary insurance coverage team represents some of the nation’s largest primary and excess insurers.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in all aspects of insurance coverage analysis and litigation. We deliver detailed analysis on insurance obligations under all types of insurance policies, including:
- Auto and motorcycle
- Business owner
- Construction and contractor
- Director and officer
- Employment practices
- Errors and omissions
- Excess and umbrella
- General liability
- Professional liability
- Property and casualty
- RV and trailer
- Specialty underwriting policies
- Toxic tort
Our clients trust MCLC to evaluate potential liability and risk, analyze coverage issues to assist in resolving coverage claims, provide proactive and strategic recommendations, and aggressively defend their interests.
New York Insurance Coverage Attorneys
As New York insurance coverage attorneys, these are issues we frequently and routinely address:
- Additional insured coverage under commercial liability policies
- Analysis of coverage under insuring agreement
- Applicability of policy exclusions
- Bad faith and potential extra contractual liability exposure
- Coverage for breach of fiduciary duties
- Coverage for first party property damage claims
- Coverage for insurance agents and brokers
- Coverage for third-party claims under primary and umbrella policies
- Coverage issues arising from death of the insured
- Environmental liability claims
- Gap in coverage between primary and excess or umbrella policies
- Late notice of insurance claims
- Misrepresentations in applications for insurance coverage
- Obligations arising from contractual indemnification agreements
- Policy rescission issues
- Priority of coverage issues among different policies
- Professional liability claims including medical malpractice and directors’ and officers’ liability
- Timeliness of denials and disclaimers of coverage
Our insurance coverage attorneys regularly assist our clients in the early identification of exposure. We draw on our substantive legal experience, our experience in the industry, and our history of working with adversary counsel to reach resolutions that are satisfactory to both the insurers and the insureds. We determine the most effective and efficient way to minimize exposure; however, when appropriate, our trial attorneys are ready to litigate coverage issues.
New York Insurance Coverage Litigation
At MCLC, our insurance coverage lawyers represent clients in insurance coverage litigation in New York state and federal courts, as well as in appellate courts. We also are experienced in representing insurers in declaratory judgment actions, both as plaintiffs and as defendants. Our clients trust us to stand by their side and deliver aggressive, effective representation. Our preeminent litigation team of attorneys has delivered results for decades, offering experience, industry knowledge, and proven results.
When litigation is necessary, we advocate for the fairest and least costly resolution. We work closely with our clients to provide strategic and thoughtful representation through discovery and depositions, motion and appellate practice, and trial practice, as well as using practical settlement negotiations, mediation, and arbitration to serve our clients’ best interests.
If you have questions or think our insurance coverage attorneys can help you, just reach out.
Phone: (518) 855-3535