Legal Services for Your Product Liability Needs
At Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC, we recognize that product liability claims threaten a great deal more than financial exposure related to an alleged injury or damage to property. Your hard-earned reputation, business operations, and position in the marketplace are at stake. Clients trust our decades of experience to protect them from becoming a casualty in a product liability battle.
Experienced Product Liability Attorneys
The experienced and accomplished product liability attorneys at Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC are dedicated professionals who work closely with our clients to provide legal and practical guidance to defend against claims of manufacture and distribution of dangerous or defective products.
Our litigators have successfully resolved cases involving alleged defective equipment, products, and machinery. We work closely with industry experts, scientists, and engineers throughout the country to gain a thorough understanding of the products and industries involved in each case, as well as to obtain their expert opinions as to the validity of, and to strategically defend, product liability claims.
Our firm and attorneys have been recognized and distinguished by our peers and legal authorities for our adept skills and knowledge in the field of product liability. Here are just a few of our recent credits:
- 2022 Best Lawyers in America®, Product Liability Lawyer of the Year in Albany, NY
- 2022 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”, Product Liability Litigation Tier 1 Firm
- 2021 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”, Product Liability Litigation Tier 1 Firm
Our Product Liability Clients
Our product liability attorneys have successfully represented manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and their insurers, in the full gamut of product liability litigation. We understand the intricacies of these complex cases and have the know-how to help you avoid or minimize potential financial liabilities. Whatever type of product your case involves, Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC’s experienced litigators can provide local, national, and international clients with exceptional professional advice and representation.
Comprehensive Product Liability Services
Our product liability attorneys work with clients on wide range of issues, including the evaluation of claims, consultation with technical experts, mitigation of liability exposure, and litigation and defense of claims. We are well versed in a wide range of product liability matters, and defend against claims related to design defect, manufacturing defect, failure to warn, and market share liability in cases involving:
- Appliances and other household products
- Children’s toys
- Consumer goods
- Food and beverages
- Manufacturing equipment
- Medical devices
- Motor vehicles
- Recreational vehicles
- Sporting goods
Product Safety Consulting
Our representation goes beyond the defense of product liability claims. We pride ourselves on providing counsel that focuses on your entire business, reducing risk and liability by covering all of the bases. We get to know every detail of your supply chain – from ingredients and labeling, to the manufacturers, wholesalers, dealers, and retailers of your products. Our product safety consulting services include:
- Assessment and evaluation of product safety
- Civil and corrective matters before regulatory agencies, including FDA and CPSC
- Compliance assessment related to regulatory and other government agencies
- Representation before government agencies
- Review and planning related to product testing, safety, and liability
- Review, drafting and implementation of product safety policies and procedures
- Strategic response to consumer inquiries or complaints regarding product safety
Where there is a product, there can be a risk or complication that could lead to lawsuits and product recalls. Federal, state, and local regulatory agencies oversee product safety and the proper labeling of products, which results in heightened awareness of our clients. Our practiced team of attorneys is experienced with product recalls and brand protection. We help you manage investigations and product recall requests from government and regulatory agencies and administer corrective plans of actions.
Product Liability Class Actions
Class action lawsuits can have a few plaintiffs or thousands. A class action can have a devastating effect – from the impact on operations and financial stability to public relations scrutiny and negative brand consequences.
Plaintiffs’ attorneys are willing to spend significant time, money, and resources on winning a class action case because they are paid based on the amount of the class’s overall financial recovery. With that in mind, the attorneys at Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC work with our clients from the early stages to mitigate the plaintiffs’ chances of success and financial recovery.
While we are always prepared to take a class action to trial, one of our preliminary defense strategies is defeating class certification. Additionally, we maintain credible and professional relationships with plaintiffs’ counsel and work to resolve cases outside of the courtroom through arbitration, mediation, and settlement.
Product Liability Local Counsel Services in Upstate New York
While we work directly with many of our clients on product liability claims, Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC has also established local counsel relationships with lawyers, law firms, and insurance carriers doing business outside of New York, as well as national and international companies. Having dedicated local counsel at your side in a product liability case is invaluable.
What makes us an exceptional choice for local counsel in product liability cases?
- Decades of combined legal practice in upstate New York
- Long-standing and preeminent reputation for litigation and ethics
- A bench of seasoned, experienced, disciplined, and dedicated attorneys
- Extensive experience in a wide range of industries and sectors
- Familiarity and positive relationships with local lawyers and law firms
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal courts, judges, staff, and the local rules of procedure
- Connections with jurisdiction-appropriate experts, investigators, and litigation support
- Understanding of the local jury pools, demographics, and verdict
Our firm provides local counsel services in a variety of ways, no matter the size or complexity. Our local counsel services include everything from per-diem representation at conferences, hearings, and depositions, to the drafting of legal documents such as pleadings, motions, briefs, and appeals, and appearance as local trial counsel in state and federal courts.