Mackenzie E. Kesterke
Attorney at Law
Mackenzie E. Kesterke is a litigator practicing in the areas of general litigation and personal injury, construction, product liability, and professional liability specifically medical malpractice. She practices in state, federal, and appellate courts throughout New York State.
Prior to joining Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC, Mackenzie was an attorney at a private practice firm in Albany. She was also of counsel for the New York State Law Enforcement Officers Union, Council 82, AFSCME, AFL-CIO and had interned at the Monroe County District Attorney’s Office and with the Honorable Spencer Ludington in Oswego County Surrogate’s Court.
Growing up, Mackenzie’s parents both had successful family businesses. She was taught the value of hard work and finding solutions to complicated problems. During high school, Mackenzie began to have an interest in the law. After shadowing the Honorable Spencer Ludington she fell in love with each aspect of the law and knew she wanted to attend law school.
Throughout her education, Mackenzie had many diverse internships and professional practices. Her passion and determination for the law, along with her experiences and value of hard work, contribute to the successful outcomes Mackenzie delivers to her clients. That, and the sage advice of her late grandfather: “Always work hard and appreciate every experience presented to you.” Sage advice indeed.
- New York State Bar Association, Health Law Section, Business Law Section, Young Lawyers Section (2013-Present)
- Albany County Bar Association, Co-Chair of Young Lawyers Committee (2018-Present)
- J.D., Albany Law School of Union University (2016)
- B.S., The College at Brockport, State University of New York, dual degree in Criminal Justice and Psychology, cum laude
- New York State (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York (2019)
Advocacy and Involvement
Community & Civic
- Albany Law School, Senior Citizens Law Day, volunteer (2013, 2014)
- Albany Law School, Albany Medical School, Teacher Assistant (2015)
- Community Bank v. N.A. Sharkey, 182 A.D.3d 681 (3rd Dept. 2020)
- Wright v. O’Leary, 172 A.D.3d 1495 (3rd Dept. 2019)