Legal Services for Your Land Use and Zoning Needs
Zoning and land use issues are often the epicenter of many real property development projects. Resolving these matters successfully is critical to the progress of your project. Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC attorneys represent clients in a wide-range of real property development matters including land use and zoning issues, municipal taxation, easements, adverse possession, subsurface rights, contract disputes, and environmental review and approvals.
Accomplished Land Use & Zoning Attorneys
Clients trust Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr with all of their real property matters, whether we are part of site selection, appearing before planning or zoning boards, at the closing table, or in the courtroom. We have earned client confidence by delivering a seasoned and comprehensive team with a track record of success in residential, commercial, and industrial real property projects.
Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr represents a wide range of clients, including:
- Banks and Asset-Based Lenders
- Builders and Construction Companies
- Condominium and Homeowners Associations
- Developers and Land Owners
- Environmental Organizations
- Individuals and Businesses
- Insurance Companies
- Investors and Investment Companies
- Mortgage Companies
- Property Owners
- Purchasers and Sellers
- Real Estate Professionals
Land Use and Zoning Legal Services
At Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, we regularly represent clients before zoning, planning, and municipal boards, and before a variety of New York State agencies. Benefitting from long-standing relationships with planning, zoning, engineering, and architecture professionals, we deliver collaborative and cost-conscious representation. Some of our services include:
- Counsel on environmental review processes, including the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) and the federal National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Land use counsel for use and area variances, special use permits, site plan approval, planned development districts, and rezoning
- SEQRA counsel for environmental review of all projects under either a Negative Declaration or Positive Declaration
- Site acquisition counsel for purchase, financing and development of land
- Economic development counsel for local, region and New York State programs
- Commercial development counsel for joint ventures, complex tenancy relationships, and multiple-entity contracting
Land Use and Zoning Litigation and Appeals
Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr delivers appropriate legal relief in the event of an error in a municipal or land use decision. We are well versed in the Article 78 municipal review process and have successfully handled reviews of variance, site plan and special permit denials, SEQRA findings, and legislative zoning decisions.
Regulatory Counsel for Alternate and Renewable Energy
Our seasoned attorneys provide counsel on regulatory issues involving wind, solar, and other alternative and renewable energy. We represent you before federal, state, and local agencies and boards on energy, environmental, siting, and related regulatory matters. We are well versed on New York State’s Article 10 (and the original Article X), as well as SEQRA and NEPA concerning siting and environmental review, and have substantial experience with state and local municipal laws and practices related to alternate and renewable energies.