Jonathan E. Hansen
Attorney at Law
Jon Hansen is Counsel at Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC. He represents individuals, businesses, and the professions in business and corporate matters, personal and premises liability, construction and labor law, hospitality and retail liability, insurance coverage and defense, professional liability, and trucking and transportation.
Jon previously served in the role of Claims Counsel handling property and casualty claims and coverage matters for an insurance company that writes auto, homeowners and business owners policies in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. He gained a unique perspective and valuable understanding of the insurance industry in that role which bolsters his many years of experience litigating insurance defense claims and allows him to better serve the carriers he works with on insurance defense matters.
Jon is a focused and highly productive attorney who approaches his cases with clear goals, an organized game plan, and a vision for long-term success. He draws on decades of involvement in the performing arts to combine his logical and organized practice with creative and innovative concepts. Jon is mindful of what is most important to his clients, both personally and from a business perspective, and works with you to develop strategic plans that deliver focused, thorough, and valuable results.
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany Law Review, past senior editor
- SuperLawyers®, SuperLawyers Rising Star (2015-2018)
- Albany Law School, Justinian Society
- J.D., Albany Law School, magna cum laude (2007)
- B.A., State University of New York at Albany, Music Theory, magna cum laude (2000)
- New York State (2008)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York (2008)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Advocacy and Involvement
Community & Civic
- Albany Pro Musica, Board of Directors, Executive Committee (Secretary)
- Speaker: “An Introduction to New York State’s Funeral Law”, Carter Conboy Continuing Legal Education (2015)
- Speaker: “To Be or Not to Be Disclosed – Common Discovery Disputes in Personal Injury Cases”, Carter Conboy Continuing Legal Education (2014)
- Speaker: “Riparian Rights”, Carter Conboy Continuing Legal Education (2013)
- Speaker: “An Analysis of a Successful Appeal”, Carter Conboy Continuing Legal Education (2012)
- Author: “An Overview of the Proposed Reform to New York Labor Law”, Carter Conboy Construction Law Blog (2015)
- Author: “Sports-Related Injury Litigation Becoming More of a Jump Ball in New York”, Sports Litigation Alert, Volume 10, Issue 8 (May 3, 2013)