Laura M. Gulfo
Attorney at Law
Laura Gulfo represents individuals, businesses, corporations, governmental entities, and public authorities in matters involving contracts, procurements, transactions, labor and employment, commercial real estate, real property and tax certiorari matters, municipal law, and litigation.
Laura represents two local authorities to one of the largest municipalities in New York, providing counsel on day-to-day operations, including attending regular, special, and public hearings of the Albany Water Board and the Albany Water Municipal Finance Authority. She interfaces daily with the municipality’s staff in order to further the mission of her clients.
Additionally, Laura represents complainants and respondents, specifically students, faculty, colleges, universities, and employers who are involved in Title IX and sexual assault, harassment, and abuse matters.
Prior to joining Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC, Laura was a Senior Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Albany, New York, and a Foreclosure Staff Attorney for The Legal Project.
Laura approaches her work with a focus on her clients’ needs and effective, responsive communication. When represented by Laura, you will feel her passion, reliability, and creative approach to assisting clients as they face daily challenges. Laura believes in being a problem-solver and a dynamic, thoughtful, and approachable attorney.
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Bloomberg Harvard City Leadership Initiative, Negotiation for City Leaders (2022)
- Representing clients in contracts, transactions, and employment-related matters, including breach of contract and clients’ exercise of contractual rights
- Advising New York municipalities and public authorities, including procurement law and Public Officers Law requirements
- Successfully defending against application for restraining order to allow for emergency municipal work
- J.D., Albany Law School of Union University, magna cum laude (2016)
- B.S., State University of New York at Albany, Mathematics, summa cum laude (2013)
- New York State (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York (2017)
Significant Professional Experience
- City of Albany, Corporation Counsel (2019-2022)
- The Legal Project, Foreclosure Staff Attorney, Immigration Fellow (2016-2019)
- Hon. Mark L. Powers, Judicial Intern, Schenectady County Family Court (2015-2016)
Advocacy and Involvement
Community & Civic
- Albany Law School Pro Bono – Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) (2014-2016); International Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP) (2016)
- Faculty Research Assistant, Sarah Rogerson, The Politics of Fear: Unaccompanied Immigrant Children and the Case of the Southern Border, 61 Vill. L. Rev. 843 (2017)
- Lead Articles Editor, Albany Law Journal of Science & Technology (2014-2016)