Legal Services for Your Trucking, Transportation and Logistics Needs
The American economy would come to a halt without the transportation industry. It plays an essential role in everything from moving people and goods, employing millions of workers, and the consumption of materials and services of other industries.
Our clients trust Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr for our leadership, industry experience, and proven track record of accomplishment, and we value your continued confidence in us. We are your advocates from beginning to end with one goal: build and protect your business, reputation, and livelihood.
Accomplished Transportation Attorneys
Our team of attorneys have combined decades of experience representing the trucking, transportation, and logistics sector. We deliver the skill, industry and trade knowledge, and resources necessary to counsel, protect, and defend you. We work closely with you to learn the nuances of your business, so we can contain your risk and provide high-value legal services.
Our Trucking, Transportation and Logistics Clients
Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr represents a wide range of trucking, transportation, and logistics clients, including:
- Bus, transit, and ground transportation companies
- Drivers and individuals
- Freight companies
- Hazmat haulers
- Insurance companies, third-party administrators, and self-insured companies
- Logistics companies
- Long-haul and short-haul motor carriers
- Manufacturers and distributors
- Moving and storage companies
- Private and commercial aviation
- Private carriers
- Rail and railroads
- Scenic and sightseeing
- Storage and warehouse facilities
- Water transportation
Comprehensive Legal Services
At Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, our preeminent trucking, transportation and logistics team offers a wide range of services, including:
- Business and Commercial Law services
- Commercial disputes and litigation
- Controlled substances and alcohol testing
- Education and training
- Emergency response services
- Environmental issues and hazardous (HAZMAT) materials
- Freight and cargo claims and litigation
- Insurance disputes, negotiations, coverage analysis, and indemnification
- Labor and employment matters
- Litigation claims and defense, including personal injury and wrongful death litigation
- Mediation and arbitration
- OSHA investigations and compliance
- Product liability matters
- Property and casualty claims and litigation
- Regulatory compliance
- Risk management counseling
- Technology and cyber counseling, planning and liability
Additionally, we represent clients before state and federal agencies, including:
- New York Department of Transportation
- United States Department of Transportation
- New York State Department of Motor Vehicles
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
The Most Recent Regulations
Keeping you apprised of significant legal developments in your industry is a priority. From fleet tracking systems, hours of service reform, and autonomous vehicles, we will help you stay ahead of industry trends, developments, and disruptions so you are ready and can prepare for what lies on the road ahead.
Our team of attorneys at Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr have an extensive understanding of the federal and state laws regulating the trucking and transportation industry. We are actively involved in the Trucking Insurance Defense Association (TIDA) and we are the preferred legal counsel in upstate New York to the Trucking Association of New York (TANY).
Occupational Safety & Health (OSHA)
Without question, New York is a highly regulated state. There are thousands of safety and health regulations that affect private employers. You are required to keep abreast of regulatory changes, comprehend the complex issues involved, and be in full compliance. It is a daunting task and having the right support team on your side is vital. Fortunately for our clients, our attorneys know OSHA.
Our team of attorneys support you from the beginning by providing risk management counseling, safety training programs, and developing and implementing compliance procedures. We stay with you if an OSHA inspector arrives to guide you during the critical hours and days of inspection and throughout the emergency response. We represent and protect you to the end, in all instances of citations, charges, and litigation.
Trial Attorneys of a Different Caliber
With decades of combined experience, our team of litigators have gained a preeminent reputation for excellence in trucking and transportation litigation. We recognize that liability claims threaten a great deal more than financial loss. Your hard-earned business, reputation, and livelihood are at risk and sleepless nights can result.
Our clients trust our talented team of attorneys to protect you through the complex, and often emotional process that accompanies liability claims. We work closely with you from the beginning to aggressively represent your interests throughout discovery and depositions, motion and appellate practice, and resolution whether by dismissal, mediation, settlement, or trial.
Critical Incident Emergency Services
Day or night, whenever and wherever a critical incident or accident occurs, our team is available to support you with immediate assistance in critical and catastrophic situations. Our team, which includes our experienced attorneys, together with a group of independent and trusted industry experts – investigators, experts, analysts, and adjusters – are on-call and promptly available when a critical incident or accident occurs.