Careers with Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC
Who Are We?
Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC is an atypical law firm that unites top quality talent with an enjoyable, productive, and collaborative environment. We will not promise you the biggest workspace or the fanciest furniture, but we do commit to providing you with exceptional and challenging opportunities in a supportive environment that will allow you to learn and grow professionally and personally, all while doing great things for our clients and each other along the way.
Who Are We Looking For?
MCLC endeavors to recruit well-rounded professional staff with intelligence and strong work ethic. We are currently seeking a Litigation Paralegal to join our Albany/Guilderland office. The ideal paralegal will have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in litigation matters, including the following:
- Exceptional communication skills with clients, courts, witnesses, parties, etc.
- Experience with New York and federal e-filing procedures and rules of Court.
- Obtain, review, and analyze medical records and other documents.
- Heavy scheduling of depositions, client meetings, expert witness meetings, etc. in standard and multi-party cases.
- Schedule independent medical examinations and expert reviews.
- Digital tracking of calendar events, deadlines, and tasks.
- Familiarity with client guidelines for billable and non-billable activities.
- Recording time entries for all daily tasks, with knowledge and appropriate use of ABA task codes.
- Preparation of correspondence, pleadings, and discovery documents.
- Review and summarize depositions and medical records.
Diversity, Inclusion & Women in the Law
MCLC fosters a culture of opportunity and advancement by providing a platform for success at all levels, from mentoring to education and training to marketing and business development. We strive to recruit, hire, and promote individuals regardless of actual or perceived age, race, color, religion, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, national origin and citizenship, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, creed, genetic predisposition, or any other classification protected by law. MCLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits, Perks & Culture
MCLC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance; retirement plan; paid holiday vacation, sick, and personal time; and payment of approved bar, industry and trade association fees, licensing fees, membership dues, seminar fees, and CLE fees. Again, no high-rise, no huge office, no high-end furniture. But you will get a casual dress environment, cooperative, and friendly workplace with holiday, birthday, and no-reason celebrations, and all the free parking our suburban parking lot can offer. Oh, and our pool table, dart board, and Ms. PacMan machine are located in the heart of the firm.
The general work hours for this position are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, but are somewhat flexible and equal 37.50 hours per week. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our commitment to client service demands that we recruit the best talent. We hire the right people, treat them well, and provide a collaborative environment with strong mentors and leaders. If our firm sounds like the right fit for you, please submit your cover letter and resume, in pdf format, to the Firm Administrator Stacy A. Smith via email at email@example.com. Submissions will be kept strictly confidential.