Caitlin A. Goetz
Attorney at Law
Caitlin A. Goetz focuses her practice in the areas of litigation and insurance defense. She regularly defends cases involving general and premises liability, product liability, and trucking and transportation law.
Caitlin also practices in the area of labor and employment, providing legal counsel to clients which include municipalities, school districts, automobile dealerships, and employers both large and small. She works with school districts and boards involving cases of civil rights, harassment and discrimination, and police departments and government officials involved in civil rights matters.
Since moving to the Capital Region after law school and beginning her law career, Caitlin has represented many local businesses, municipalities, and individuals. She hit the ground running, arguing before the Appellate Division, Third Department in only her second year of practice. She worked to develop strong and ongoing relationships with her clients, many of whom she has consistently represented from the start of her career. She is effective, efficient, and knows how to balance client advocacy and defense with the business decisions of her clients.
Caitlin is actively involved in her community, from volunteering at various events, teaching ballet class, to serving on the Saratoga Performing Arts Center’s Junior Committee for the last 9 years, including most recently as President. She is invested in the community in which she lives and believes in supporting local businesses and people.
- New York Bar Association
- Adirondack Women’s Bar Association – CLE Chair, (2015-Present)
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Saratoga County Bar Association
- Saratoga Performing Arts Center’s Junior Committee – Vice President
- SuperLawyers “Rising Star” (2017-present)
- The “Saratoga Living” 10 Under 40: The Future of Saratoga Philanthropy Honoree (2019)
- The Post Star – 20 Under 40 Honoree (2016)
- Beck v. Stewart’s Shops Corp., 156 A.D.3d 1040 (3d Dept. 2017)
- J.D., The University of Pittsburgh School of Law, cum laude (2011)
- New England School of Law/National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland (2009)
- B.A., The Pennsylvania State University, Political Science (2007)
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Advocacy and Involvement
Community & Civic
- Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Junior Committee (2011 – Present)
- President (2019-Present)
- Vice President (2016-2019)
- Membership Chair (2015-2016)