When a student or employee of a college or university reports a Title IX violation, the institution and others do not have the right to retaliate against that student or employee.
Examples of student Title IX retaliation:
- Harassment on campus or in the classroom
- Lowering or changing of your grades
- Reduced or terminated athletic playing time
- Suspension or removal from school activities
- Suspension or expulsion from school
Examples of employee Title IX retaliation:
- Change in your pay or benefits
- Harassment from co-workers and/or supervisors
- Transfer to another department
- Alteration of job responsibilities
- Demotion or firing
If you are a student or employee of a college or university and find that you have been the victim of Title IX retaliation, the attorneys at Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr will help you determine if you have a claim and fight for your rights. We are here to help. Give us a call.
Phone: (518) 855-3535