Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC partner, Adam Cooper, was invited to speak at the Medmarc 34th Annual Medical Device Seminar at the Otesaga Resort Hotel in Cooperstown, New York on June 8, 2022. Adam’s presentation “Practicing in Upstate NY” focused on a variety of factors affecting medical device claims, including:
- Litigating federal claims in the Northern and Western districts of New York and the Judiciary from those districts
- Litigating state claims in upstate New York and the Judiciary and local rules of those courts
- Federal vs. state expert witness disclosure
- The treatment of case law in product liability cases before judges and juries
- The proposed legislation in New York entitled the Grieving Families Act which, if passed, will extend traditional wrongful death damages to nontraditional family members, allow recovery for damages related to emotional anguish suffered from the loss of a relative, and extend the statute of limitations for wrongful death claims to 3.5 years.
About Adam Cooper
Adam Cooper is a trial attorney handing complex litigation with an emphasis on product liability, professional liability, business and commercial law, real estate, food and beverage, and trucking and transportation. In addition to his litigation practice, Adam advises professionals and businesses on risk mitigation and strategic planning for regulatory compliance, recall planning, performance improvement, litigation prevention, and malpractice avoidance. He has been named a Best Lawyer by Best Lawyers in America®, a SuperLawyer by SuperLawyers®, an AV® Preeminent Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell, and has a 10.0 Superb Attorney Rating on AVVO. Adam is a member of the ALFA International Product Liability & Complex Torts Practice Group and is the Regional Programing Chair. He can be reached at (518) 675-7742 and at email@example.com.
About Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC
MCLC is a law firm dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and unparalleled value while building rewarding and lasting relationships with our clients. Our team includes seasoned trial and transactional attorneys who are nationally recognized industry and legal authorities in a wide range of practices and are supported by a remarkable professional support staff. For more information on our firm, visit mclclaw.com or contact our Marketing Director, Stacy A. Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.