Careers with Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC
Who Are We?
Monaco Cooper Lamme & Carr, PLLC is an atypical law firm that unites top quality talent with an enjoyable, productive, and collaborative environment. We will not promise you the biggest workspace or the fanciest furniture, but we do commit to providing you with exceptional and challenging opportunities in a supportive environment that will allow you to learn and grow professionally and personally, all while doing great things for our clients and each other along the way.
Who Are We Looking For?
MCLC endeavors to recruit well-rounded professional staff with intelligence and strong work ethic. We are currently seeking a Scheduling Coordinator to join our Albany office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in fast-paced litigation matters, including the following:
- Responsible for the management of all attorney calendars
- Schedule depositions, hearings, inspections, meetings, conferences, mediations, deadlines, etc. in standard and multi-party complex cases
- Secure court reporters, videographers, and translators
- Heavy telephone use and calendaring of appointments
- Prepare correspondence and emails
- Prepare documents and exhibits for various legal proceedings
- Associated secretarial, clerical and data entry duties
- Knowledge of scheduling using communication platforms such as Zoom and Teams
- Exceptional communication skills with attorneys, clients, courts, witnesses, vendors, and team members
- Highly skilled at multitasking, well organized, detail oriented, and great with time management
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word) and case management systems (Clio a plus)
- Knowledge of litigation and court proceedings preferred
- Knowledge of eCourts and eFiling preferred
- Familiarity with guidelines for billable and non-billable activities preferred
- Experience with timekeeping with knowledge and appropriate use of ABA task codes, preferred
Diversity, Inclusion & Women in the Law
MCLC fosters a culture of opportunity and advancement by providing a platform for success at all levels, from mentoring to education and training to marketing and business development. We strive to recruit, hire, and promote individuals regardless of actual or perceived age, race, color, religion, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, national origin and citizenship, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, creed, genetic predisposition, or any other classification protected by law. MCLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits, Perks & Culture
MCLC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance; retirement plan; paid holiday vacation, sick, and personal time; and payment of approved bar, industry and trade association fees, attorney licensing fees, membership dues, seminar fees, and CLE fees. Again, no high-rise, no huge office, no high-end furniture. But you will get a casual dress environment, cooperative, and friendly workplace with holiday, birthday, and no-reason celebrations, and all the free parking our suburban parking lot can offer. Oh, and our pool table and dart board are located in the heart of the firm.
The general work hours for this position are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, but are somewhat flexible and equal 37.50 hours per week. This is an in-office position.
Our commitment to client service demands that we recruit the best talent. We hire the right people, treat them well, and provide a collaborative environment with strong mentors and leaders. If our firm sounds like the right fit for you, please submit your cover letter and resume, in pdf format, to the Firm Administrator Stacy A. Smith via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Scheduling Coordinator” in the subject line. Submissions will be kept strictly confidential. No recruiters at this time, please.